Sunday, November 9, 2014

Nov 5-8


November 5 - My spouse
First of all.
I am grateful that I am even grateful for my spouse.
Because these days that alone is an accomplishment.
But I really am.
I am very grateful for him.
Because.
He is..
Hot.
Nice.
Patient.
Fun.
Funny.
Apologizes.
Shaves his chest.
Loves us.
Works hard.
Doesn't pee all over the bathroom
Can beat me at everything. #sarcasm
A fun dad.
A loving dad.
A patient dad. #usually
A patient husband. Even when I don't deserve it.
Cannot keep up with me when we fight. #iguessiwinsometimes! Wahoo!
Is coordinated.
Has pretty eyes.
The worst driver with the best reflexes so we stay alive somehow.
Calls to check in with my family so I don't have to.
Let's my sisters live here even when I don't want them to.
Doesn't move in his sleep.
Loves his mama.
Is never disrespectful to me.
Hates his smart phone
Uses the talk to text function because he sucks at texting.
Wiggles his toes when he wakes up
Supports me with pretty much anything I want to do.
Loves being a dad.
Plays endlessly with the kids.
Doesn't hunt.
Or golf.
Or Anything that I can think of that takes too time away from us.
Enjoys a nice spa day as much as I do. #manly
Tips well.
Still wears cologne.
Puts blue cheese on everything.
Acts like a 12 year old.
The only song in the whole world he knows the words to is the Thomas the Train song.
And even that is questionable at times.
Wears a mask at least once a week for one reason or another.
Cleans up after himself.
Enjoys shopping.
Eats left over anythings.
Rarely if ever complains.
Turns on the fan.

I think that's about all anyone can ask for.


Nov. 6 - My child
Nov. 7 - My child's ability to..

I'm going to mix these two together.
Because.
I don't get it.
They seem like the same thing to me...
 Sienna
I am so thankful for Sienna's ability to just be.
She requires very little.
Is content on her own
She goes with the flow, and nothing bothers her much.
(except for cuddling and kissing)
She does her own thing.
Which is awesome!
Because sometimes there is a lot going on around here.
And her easy going self makes life a lot less complicated.
She sleep. naps. eats. travels. plays. talks. interacts.
She's nice to the cat, shares with her brother, plays with her baby, and quietly reads books.
I'm not sure that I have ever had to pull out a parenting book with this one.
She is such a funny little.
Content in a world of her own, and as happy as can be.
I love this little girl more than I ever thought possible.
I am grateful for my Sienna.

 JackJack
I am so thankful for Jack's ability to be constantly joyful.
While the parent book has been present more than I care to remember with this precious little boy he is such a joy to our family.
His happy go lucky demeanor, kind words, and tender heart make literal tears spring to my eyes.
Anyone who has spent any amount of time with Jack can close their eyes, and very easily hear his ear splitting scream of joy in their head..
He's always smiling, usually laughing, and often high fiving.
I am grateful that Jack is so full of joy.
Tatum Kay

I am thankful for Tatum's ability to take massive amounts of selfies on all of our cameras.

JK

But.
I really am grateful for Tatum's smile.
I worry and worry and worry about this child of mine.
I am scared almost to death about the years she has coming.
But.
I have been saying that for years.
And still.
She smiles.
She rolls with the punches when they come, makes the most out of life, and smiles.
I can know something is going on at school, and think about it all day, and worry and stress and wonder.  I count down the seconds until she walks in the door so I can know what happened..
And she walks in.
Smiling. smiling. smiling.
Having totally forgotten about whatever it was that I was STILL stressing about..
And..
Totally dumbfounded (read:annoyed) by my obsession of her life.
I don't think I could survive a sad child.
I hope all of my kids endure life the way Tate does.
Strong. Sassy. Sensitive. and Smiling.
It's the only way to go.




Nov. 8 - My spouses ability to...

Well..
It hasn't always been, and it isn't always so,
But I am grateful for Ryan's frugal nature.
He has had a plan in place since long before he met me about how he wanted his life.
And he has made deliberate steps and decisions to make sure that it executed.
Now.
 This was annoying when we were dating, and I was a very obvious check list..
*Nice to the waitress (check)
*Asks questions a bout others (check)
Clean house (check)
Kicks the snow off her boots before getting in the car (check)
Good credit score (i am not kidding) (check)
Debt to income in line (check)
On top of just trying to keep up with washed hair, shaved legs, and being prompt...
Wow..
 I really brought my A game while trying to land this one.
And I am so glad I did.
Ryan is the best decision I have ever made.
He lives his life in a very simple way.
Wanting very little and needing virtually nothing.
Everything we have as a family is because he wants to give it to us.
None of it is for him.
He takes pride in working hard and providing for our family, and most importantly to me,
has made it possible for me to be able to stay home with our kids.
And not just Jack and Sienna.
Being able to be home when Tatum comes home from school means the world to me.
In fact, I believe that she needs me home even more than the babies in some ways!
It's a dream that I always hoped would come true.
I love being home with the kids.
Sometimes the hours are long, sometimes my boss is moody, and sometimes the employees are unmanageable, but every day it's my dream job.

 I am so grateful that my husband made it a reality for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive