Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Grateful. Nov. 9

Nov. 9 - Today because...
Well.
Today isn't November 9th. 
And I sure don't remember what I was specifically thankful for that day...
But today.
I'm grateful for perspective.
Because of the age difference of my "sets of children"
It makes it much easier for me to slow down, and breath in little moments with these guys. 
I know how gosh forsaken fast it goes.
It is beyond mind blowing. 
So. 
Today I am thankful for the moments that are maddening now, but I will miss terribly.
In like. a blink of an eye.
Which is so fast. 

Like..
The "do it myself" phase.
The naked phase.
The clothes changing a thousand times a day phase.
The juice phase
The nap phase.. Oh how I will miss you nap phase!! Please don't go!
The Dora phase.
If you wanna know a secret.. I was so happy to find out that Dora was still going strong when my Jack and SIEnna came along. 
She was just out as a wee explorer when Tatum was a toddler, and I miiisseeed her!
The Skylander Phase
Princess Phase
Lego Phase
Angry Bird Phase
Hello Kitty Phase
"Elka and Ana" Phase

I'll miss chanting everything exciting 
Well. Not even exciting things. Just mostly everything.

SLUR-PEES
SLUR-PEES
GRAND-MA
GRAND-MA
DIS-NEY-LAND
DIS-NEY-LAND
CHUCK-E-CHEESE
CHUCK-E-CHEESE
CHICK-FIL-A
CHICK-FIL-A
ICE-CREAM-CONE
ICE-CREAM-CONE
DAD-DY
DAD-DY
PIZ-ZA
PIZ-ZA
CHOCOLATE-MILK
CHOCOLATE-MILK
POO-POO
POO-POO
AP-PLES
AP-PLES
I-PAD
I-PAD
DOR-RA
DOR-RA
TAT-UM
TAT-UM
A-B-C'S
A-B-C'S
CER-REAL
CER-REAL
BIG-HEROS
BIG HEROS
SHAKE IT OFF
SHAKE IT OFF..

Those are just a few off the cuff examples that fly right off fingertips.
You can see.
My days are full of invigorating conversation
And organic food.

I'm also going to miss (maybe?) 
Bigger, Stronger.
Bigger stronger is a thing the babies do.
Every time we leave the house
Jack squats down, and digs his squatty fingers under the plastic seal of the garage door, 
 when I open it, he pretends strains, and lifts it up for as far as he can.
To the tips of his toes, and the ends of his fingers.
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
 And now that his sister has caught onto this fun game, he's not okay with it.
So, she has to do it with the other garage door.  
And now they have added a cute little circle run high five under each others door as they are going up dance, jig, number..
The whole process is extremely cute (annoying)
Especially when you are in a hurry.
Which.
Is strictly what I am when I am leaving my house.

What is EXTRA fun is when we all forget about bigger, stronger because we are in a level 10 hurry.
And I hold my breath as I push my car opener to open the garage...
And both of them start to scream.
Level 10 scream.
My kids are NOTHING if not creatures of habit.
So. I have two choices.
Get them out. And let them do it.
Or. 
Drive my car off the nearest cliff.


Another thing I'm (more than likely) going to miss.
Is the "Calliou" dance party.
This takes place when Calliou starts. 
My kids have the best ears on the planet if it benefits them.
When they hear the theme song start, 
we HAVE to pause whatever it is we are doing
Dinner.
Peeing.
Dishes.
Laundry.
The Bachelorette.
What have you.

and go do a ridiculously ugly dance in front of the TV.
 Ryan has to do this when "Thomas the Train" starts.
AAANNDD when it ends.
So his is worse
He has to do it twice.
When this is requested (demanded) of us we have two options.
Do it.
or
Or drive our car off a cliff. 

A few others..

Hearing "I want that for my birfday" 
during every. single. commercial

Lifting Sienna in any which direction. 
Up or down.
and hearing an euthesiactic 
AA - Wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhheeeeeeee!

And.
Not having 3/4 of my communication skills be deductive reasoning. 






What I'll miss about this girl is

(besides telling her to pull her shirt down
Get off her phone
and put her backpack away) 

Is.

Incessant music playing
and song searching.

5 Seconds of Summer stalking.

Sass.

Details of a 7th grade day at school.

Funny vines.

Drives with Taylor Swift.

Waffle Love

Lemon cookies and Dr. Pepper from The Pop Shop

Meeting new girl friends

Crushing on a neighborhood boy. 

Insisting on small spoons and forks. (SO ANNOYING!)

Wrappers everywhere.

and..

Of course,  

Not having 3/4 of my conversation skills be deductive reasoning. 

A wise woman once told me.

Love whatever stage of life you are in.
Because ..
Whatever it is.
You WILL miss it when it is gone.

And boy oh boy do I believe, and testify of that with all of my heart!!  


Today.
I am thankful for this perspective! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive