Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful - Nov. 7

A luxury

A luxury.
 Besides my IPhone?
That is the ultimate luxury.
But is also so lame, cliche, and boring.
I use it every day, so it can't be considered in my opinion.

A luxury is a rare circumstance.
Something that happens once in awhile, so you really appreciate its value.

Ya?

There is a particular time in the month that I feel very luxurious.

The stars align, and two events that are spectacular on their own,
happen at the same time. 
Or on the same day I should say, 
 and become phenomenal when simultaneous.

It's this.

Washing the sheets on your bed, and shaving your, whatever  it is that you shave,  
on the SAME DAY!
That's ambitious.

This is how it goes down.

You wash your sheets in hot water using downy a healthy capful of the pink Downy Unstoppables.
Because those little pebbles are gods gift to girls that like smell goods.
Make sure you don't spill one or two on the ground, 
because little Sienna G's like to put them in her mouth.
Apparently they taste better than teddy grahams.
But what do I know.

Immediately after the wash, you put them on your bed while they are still wet.
Yup. 
Still wet!
Put your fitted and flat sheet on, and your pillow cases on, lay your pillows on the floor, not your bed.
Dont make the rest of your bed until later when your sheets have dried.

It needs to be noted that sheet washing is a chore reserved for mid morning.
There is something about hearing the spin cycle that gets me going.
Sometimes I consider going to the gym.
But then I just decide to re organize the junk drawer instead.

Plus, if you wait until later to wash you sheets, your luxurious evening is going to be a real mess.

But so.
Then,
later on, after your kids have gone to bed, and you've scraped mandarin oranges off of the high chair for the 20th time that day, 
you take a nnniiiiicccceee lllooonnnggg hhhhoootttt shower.
And shave your things.
For me, its my arms, my legs, and my feet, and pittys.
In my opinion everyone should shave their arms.
It feels so glorious, and soft and smooth and feminine.
Ive been doing it for 5 plus years, and it hasn't grown back courser, and longer.
And even if it did, or does one day, I can't care.  
It will still have been worth it,
because, I feel fancy when I do it.
And that's a rare day around here!

But so then, 
After you get all smoothed up, you slather yourself in cherry almond Jergens.
Or baby lotion.
Whatever you've got laying around.

After allowing your lotion to dry, maybe by flossing, or dancing around in the buff,
which I DO NOT do 
(flossing looks much better on me)

you climb in to your freshly cleaned sheets.
They will be cool, soft, and smell like heaven.

THAT
 combined with your nice, smooth, and moisturized body can be described as nothing but luxurious!
And ps.
On this particular night, you should sleep as naked as your child situation, maritial status, and religious beliefs allow.
Because you only live once is what I say.

Goll.

I need to get out more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive