Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thankful - Nov 12

An appliance I am grateful for

How can you choose just one?
I mean,
I wish I was a pioneer, because I really don't like living this close to the world ending (zombies)
And raising good kids is a real job these days.
Back then, I think they were good by default.
Which would be. Ahh.  It would be so great.
I think..
Something about waking up at 4 am to go help birth calves when you are 4, must really build a strong character.
That.
And plucking chickens.
Those pioneers.
They were tough cookies.

But.
I am so glad that I have the luxury of modern appliances.
And I can't pick one.
I won't do it.

It's like when I used to call in to work and lie about Tatum being sick with the flu, even though we were at Sugar House Park, she would get the flu.
100% of the time.

So I think if I name a favorite appliance, one of the other ones will stop working.
And we can't have that.
I am not a pioneer
And it is the holiday season.
And that is an expense I just don't need.
I'm already trying to figure some ways to embezzle money from my boss.
Like, cash back when grocery shopping.


Woah.
We are way off track.

I love my fridge.
The fridge at my new house has sliding shelves.
They pull nearly all the way out of the fridge!
 But
 I never remember to do that so I often spill a cup full of whatever Tatum hasn't finished when reaching for the pickles behind it.
It also has an ice maker in the door, and water spigot.
There is a little screen thinger that shows how many ounces of water are coming out of it.
I have also never used that.
It recently started making a buzzing sound.
I think it's trying to tell me that it's handles ARE NOT intended for jungle gym use.
Ive tried to relay the message to the babies, but they don't seem to care.

I also really like my oven.
Its a pretty color of blue and white speckles, on the inside and has a special convection feature.
Ive also never used that.

I really like my microwave,
It's in a funky spot below our kitchen island.
So the kids can reach it.
It's a good thing I spend the majority of my life standing somewhere around that kitchen island,
because I am genuinely scared that Jack may try to cook Sienna
 if she doesn't get the hint about leaving his choo choos alone.
Although, girlfriend is pretty scrappy lately, so I am thinking she will be okay.

Stove.
Who doesn't like a good stove?
I only use the back two burners because I am a safety kid, and the word HOT means nothing to anybody in this house.
Sometimes I wonder if maybe I am the only around here that speaks English?

The newest addition to our appliance family is our deep freezer.

And I have been waiting YYEEAARRS for this little guy.
For one very valid and simple reason.
The schwanns man.
Not because I am so crazy about their food, I mean, it's decent.
But because the shwanns man takes checks.
And the only checks we have are from Big Daddy's account.
Little Mama does not have checks for her "allowance account"
Just another way for a little holiday savings I say.

And then there were two....
The washer and Dryer.
And you know what?
I can't be thankful for them now matter how hard I try.
I have lived without a washer and dryer before, and I was fine.
It forced me to be more careful, and hang my clothes up after wearing them, and creative in my artistic expression of clothing options I had left.
And I was fine.
Plus.  I L-O-V-E the smell of the laundromat...

I hate the Washer and Dryer..

YOU HEAR THAT GUYS?!
I HATE YOU!
GO AHEAD!
BREAK!
SEE IF I CARE!

So.
There's the rundown.
Im thankful for most of my appliances.
Equally.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive