Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful - Nov. 10

A book I am thankful for.


This one required no thought from me.

I have read a lot of books in my life.
Lots and lots.
I love to read.

This book changed so many of my thought processes, and gave me a lot of comfort about things that I was feeling insecure, or unsure about.
It's the best book ever.
And it is so funny.
I dig funny. 
It came to me at the perfect time in life, and I really am thankful for it.

A few key points that I have taken away from this book are:

* We belong to each other.  All of us.  And we need to treat each other accordingly.
*My favorite people in life are the ones that genuinely love my kids.. So it only makes sense that to glorify God is to love all of his kids
*Love wins
*Everyone is flawed, and that's what makes them great
*Trying to be perfect only intimidates other people, it makes you untouchable, unrelatable, and creates jealousy.  I want nothing to do with any of those things.  
So striving for perfection is something I no longer worry about. 

Those things are just what immediately spring to mind, while fighting Jack for this computer so he can watch Thomas the Train toy tutorials on YouTube.  
If I had the time I could go on about this book for house.
There is hardly a day in my life that goes by that I don't reference this book.
I love the book, I love the author, and I love recommending it to people.

Go out. Pick it up. You just might be thankful for it too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive