Tuesday, November 5, 2013

So Thankful! Nov. 5

A word I am grateful for:
Today
And so many days recently,
I am so so so grateful for every single word that comes out of this baby boy's mouth.
Jack is two and a half, and just started talking
Like.
Last month.
Let me tell you the overwhelming relief that is permeating out of my pores all day every day.
When Jack was about 12 months old, he started seriously regressing in many behaviors.
Regression is never a good sign.
Its one of the biggest flags of Autism.
That,
 along with some other kinda freaky sensory issues, 
almost gave me..
well..
 A real life nervous breakdown.
There is nothing scarier than thinking something is wrong with your child.
Not wrong WITH your child, but wrong FOR your child.
Because your child is always perfect just as he or she is.
Always.
I think its just the thought of something being different FOR them is so hard on a parent.
Knowing that your child might not have the life you dreamed of for them, is not hard because it is going to potentially be hard on you, it's hard because it's going to be hard on them
And that's hard.
And scary.
Maybe I jumped the gun on being nervous...
 And reading, and working, and researching, and following my gut, and doing what I felt was right in helping my little guy get the best help he could in working out his struggles, but I will not ever apologize for being an aggressively pro active mommy.
I never met an eye roll I couldn't match.

.......

Just now, Jack raced two cars down the racetrack I set up for him. 
When he placed the cars at the top, he looked at me, raised his eyebrow and yelled
READY! SET! GOOOO!!

I have never said that.
He's never said that.
I didn't even know he knew that context.
And it was 3 words in a row!!

So yes.

Every word is precious in this house.
I am grateful for all of the words!!

That's right Jack!
Let's go!
I can't wait to hear what else you have been storing in that little head of yours!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive