Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Day I Cried For An Hour Over Photos.

So.  
We got our pictures taken last weekend.
or
(find her on facebook)
came to our house and worked her magic on my family.
I wanted photos of our daily life getting ready for pictures, and just being.
Simple. Underdressed. Understated. 
Hence Kirstens expertise of lifestyle photos.
I just died when she dropped off our disk of pictures.
Really and Truly.
My heart quit beating several different times.
I can't (but totally can) wait for 20 years from now when I look at these photos again and cry and cry and cry.
and cry and cry.
and cry.
Remembering the details of our life at this time is so important to me.
Life is stressful.
Life is overwhelming.
I don't think there will ever come a day in this life that I wont be tired from these exact days.
But life is good.
It is so so good.
There isn't a lot of adventure.. Unless you like trains and cheerleading.
But there are memories.
Time spent.
Stability.
Consistency.
Learning, growing, changing.
all of us.
Every. Single. Day.
And I can barely remember my own name.
So, how on earth am I going to remember Tatum's new found love for cheerleading.
Obsession really.
Jacks need to carry a train with him everywhere he goes.
The fact that Sienna can rock a diaper cover like Miley's new hair..
(what?  that's not new?  oh)
Anyways.. The answers lie in these photos..
I wish she could come over once a month to document our days. 
These pictures mean so much to me.
So much more than a stressful 2 hours in a JC Penny photo studio. 
There is a time and place for posed family photos.. Don't get me wrong..
But they wont sing to your heart, and jog your memory the way having a photographer follow you around for a morning will.  
So. Take a look.
And as Tatum would say
#overgram..








































































PS.
No.  Im not pregnant.  Contrary to what these pictures may lead you to believe.
I'm not sleeping much these days.  You can't possible expect me to work out!!?
Who needs abs anyways?  They've served my purpose in this life anyhow. 
:)

6 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. April- these pictures are amazing. What an incredible idea to have the pictures taken in your home- doing everyday things. I love it so much. Your family is so beautiful. And I just can't get over Sienna's darling little (HUGE) smile. So glad you did this- and that you posted the pictures for us to fall in love with. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost cried myself Ape! Your family is beautiful! I can feel the love in these pictures! Awesome how she can catch so much emotion in every pic! Love and miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried! And cried then cried a little more! Jack is hilarious Sienna is so adorable and Tate is such a sweet great caring BEAUTIFUL sister :):) love them Ape!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear we are made of the same stuff. I cried and I'm totally in love with your family. I am going to hire this girl. However, I may need to stage my everyday morning/life at your house :) It photographed so well :)
    And seriously, lock Tatum in her room. Maybe forever. Way to absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love these April!! Your family is absolutely precious! I Love how these were done amazing, I need to get our pictures done this way Im in love! Miss you sweet girl, cant wait to see your cute fam again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. April!!! What a beautiful family! Your baby is to die for, Tatum is gorgeous, and Jack Jack is adorable! I loved seeing your fam in your house just doing your thing. You DO NOT look pregnant you silly girl. I think your house is amazing and I am ready to move in when you are. You deserve such a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive