Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Does anyone else want to be Italian?

Let me start this post by giving a solid disclaimer that I am not a college graduate, and
 I didn't listen in high school... 

I do dream of visiting Italy.  
Eating delicious breads and pastas.
Listening to handsome men and women speak in their beautiful language.  
Falling in love with my handsome husband all over again in a gondola on the waters of Venice.
That is not where I am going with this post.

What I am trying to say here is.. My Italian knowledge comes from a little place we call
New Jersey.

Please.  Please.  For my own self esteem, please leave a comment here if you watch at least 1 reality television show that has to do with Italians that live in New Jersey? Please.

Well, it is with some pride that I can say, I do not watch the Jersey Shore.  
But believe me,  I am not knocking those that do. 

My bag is The Real Housewives of New Jersey 
(which I think I have actually talked more about on my blog than my own kids lately)
Unfortunate.  
And Cake Boss. I like Cake Boss too. Just not near as much.

I'm serious here.  
Aside from all of the unbelievable crazies that these people are
you can really see some genuine love there.
Right?  
Am I nuts?  Really?
I mean all of those couples are so affectionate, grabby, and loyal to each other.
It's cute.  And gross.  But mostly cute.

Their kids have one bajillion cousins to play with.
Such fun family memories I think.

They have a party for everything
They have the most delicious looking food at these parties.

They get to call each other "yous" and nobody judges them.
I tried it once.. Casually.. It didn't go over well.
I think I just came across as uneducated. 

They have great names.. 
Manzo, Gorga, Valastro
They have the shiniest freaking hair money can buy.. 
Their skin is flawless. 
Their teeth are freakishly white.. 

I mean, what's not to like?

I want to go to New Jersey soon.  Maybe even before Venice.

5 comments:

  1. You are a crack up....that is all I have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend moved to Florence last summer. I have been trying to figure out when to go visit him ever since. Could you please elaborate on the details surrounding the time that you tried to casually slip a "yous" into the conversation? Hahaahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cake Boss!! And I loved this post! You crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ape. First of all not going to brag, but I have been to Italy twice, and I love it so so much!! But secondly I am in live with 4 new jersey reality shows. How could I not be?! I am so happy that you are blogging more it makes my day!!! Ps your "divorced" post wa so beautiful, I am happy for you guys!! Love u almost as much as new jersey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch the Jersey Shore, loved the Real House of Jersey and even frequently taken a gander at Jerseylicious...It is a little shameful, but I love it. I think that I love it mostly because that sweet guy I date is Italian and I figure it is my studying as to what my life will hopefully turn out to be. And I have been to the Jersey Shore and been in Jersey in real life and sadly it is not quite as exciting as the shows, but they do have delicious food and lots of fake tans.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive