Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Halloween Party Edition - Family

















I really try hard to do what I can to make good memories around our house.  
I think that having consistent traditions and warm fuzzy memories will make Tatum be a stable, happy, person.
Freak.  I hope so.
I work really (semi) hard to see that these "family nights" take place, and usually, it ends with some sort of melt down, or chaos. 
Fun chaos, or loving melt downs of course.
Our caramel apple tradition is a work in progress.  We ended up just having to cut the apples up, and scraping the caramel off of the wax paper because it all just slid off the apples.  
Next year will be better maybe.
We had a good time trying though!
Then we carved pumpkins.  See how much fun?
And we had a surprise visit from Ian!  
Yay!  
He moved back to Idaho, and we haven't seen him for a long time.  
He's Ryan's old roommate, and "wingman" if you will.
We strong armed each other for a little while.  
But after I won, (suckaaa) we became the best of friends.
Plus, I let him date Miranda for a little while.
Tatum absolutely adores him.  He teases her relentlessly.  She loves it.
We were happy to have him surprise us!
I love my boyfriend.
Naturally
See how much fun were having?
I wanted a picture of the beef stew!  
It was my first time making it!
Oh ya, I made corn bread too.
See that little piece?  Tatum llooovveesss corn bread.
And we baked yummy pumpkin seeds.
Me and Dev made a perfect pumpkin roll.
If you have never made a pumpkin roll, you should. They are to die for delicious
I made two and kept one for myself.
Don't tell Ryan
Oh ya.. And something cute that happens in our neighborhood every year is getting "booed"
Its where someone knocks and runs and leaves treats on your door with a copy of this letter.  
You then post the sign on your door, and boo 3 other neighbors that don't have a sign on their door.
Its really fun.  
Above is some of the loot that we booed our 3 neighbors with. 
The people that booed us left us home made suckers.
Adorable ones that matched the little boo monster, and purple and green theme.
They were wrapped in plastic baggie thingies and tied with ribbons, and left in a cute little ghost shaped box.
But
Because you don't know who left this on the door, I couldn't let Tatum eat them.
How was I to know if they didn't poison those darling little suckers?
Or worse!  
What if they open cans of cat food and put them on their kitchen counters and then let their cats jump up on the counter to eat their dinner?!?  
Eeewwww.
I couldn't do it.
Tatum was super mad.
Devyn ate one anyways.
Yes, I'm that mom.

1 comment:

  1. lol maybe i should ask ryan to help us organize a halloween family get together next year! im a huge halloween buff :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive