Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Halloween Party Edition - Kids

So.  Tatum really wanted to have a Halloween party this year.  Since she was all but abandoned and neglected for the entire summer due to "delicate way" I decided what the H.  Lets do it.  
Lets have some pizza, witches brew, giggle, and decorate some sugar cookies with sweet little girls.  
Sounds harmless enough right?
Well, then, Ryan got involved and started making all sorts of promises.  
Then I got involved threatening him not to disappoint her.  
Then he got vveeerrryyy involved and took things to a whole new level. 
He even took a whole afternoon off of work to make good on his word.  
I am thankful that the makeshift Halloween stores don't offer lines of credit.
So what started as a sweet tea party turned into the party of the hood.
This is a picture of the group that was invited, eating my cute little pumpkin shaped pizzas on the front lawn.
Then some neighbors rode by on their bikes and decided they wanted to come.
They went home and threw on some costumes.

 My idea of making sugar cookies turned out to be a disaster.. 
Rolling out the dough, cutting shapes, all of that, was to much.  
So I took the kids outside to play red rover and freeze tag while my sister, and sister in laws started shaping and baking sugar cookies as fast as they could. 
(I (Miranda)had already made the dough and frosting)
 There are about 5 kids missing from the frosting extravaganza picture above.
Really. Maybe more.  I didn't even know some of them.
 This is why we L-O-V-E miss Rylie Hanson.  
She is a bestie of Tates.
 Honestly.. Who would eat this?
 This is where Ryan comes in.. He honestly built the most KILLER haunted house in our basement. 
Our niece Regan was dressed as a witch "haunted day care" 
The items in the bowls above are body parts of kids that have misbehaved.
Pistachios - Finger Nails
Oatmeal (cooked) - Guts
Spaghetti - Brains
Candy corn - Teeth
Gummy eye balls - gummy eye balls
 2 of his brothers, and Regan had to aid in this haunted house being appropriately carried out. 
The kids had to crawl threw a cave (J's crib box) with spiderwebs and spiders everywhere.
Walk through a graveyard (living room)
Visit the daycare (bathroom.  I wish I had a picture of the possessed zombie babies that Ryan purchased)
and see where some guy died.. Where Steve the clown would jump out and scare the bejeezes out of them.
And Tates playroom was something else too.  I cant remember.
It was a huge hit.  
There wasn't a wall, door, or corner that wasn't covered in some sort of creepy blinky eyed wall covering.
And scary music.  And fake rats. And dead old ladies. And it was all done in black lights. And strobe lights
It rivaled the Sigma Chi haunted house in Cedar if you ask me.
 Ryan would come upstairs and get the kids in groups of 3.  He never came out of character.  
I tried to keep the rest of the kids entertained by watching Beetle Juice on the upstairs TV.  It didn't work.  They were all screaming, and yelling, and gathered around the banister trying to hear what was going on downstairs.  
It was a honest to goodness mad house.  MAD HOUSE I SAY!
After the party I said NEVER AGAIN!! 
Ryan said, I think this should be a tradition!  
Honestly.  Mars and Venus.
 I can take credit for this great idea.  
Earlier in the day me and  Dev and Mir made two great big bowls of Jello. 
In it, we put all kinds of treats and toys and stuff.  
Good idea huh?  
The kids get to dig through and take home their goodies.  
Well, according to the package it takes about 3 hours for Jello to set up.  
I don't make this disgusting crap on a daily basis okay?  I followed the instructions.
Well, it should say this somewhere on the package..
"If you are timesing this recipe by 10 please allow at least 10 hours to set."
But it didn't, so when I pulled out the bowls for the kids to sift through, it turned into a bloodbath.
Really.
I don't know how many neighbors I pissed off by sending their kids home with ruined costumes, but it was a few at least.
There is still some Jello behind Tatum's bathroom door.  I saw it the other day.  
And there is still a stain on the garage floor where the murder scene took place.
Never again.
 Tate and her two besties.  Rylie and Porter.
 And no Halloween evening would be complete without Ryan and Tatum trying to scare me.  
This guy was waiting for me in my bed after I was done mopping the garage floor.  
I'm tired just typing about this party. 
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive