Thursday, March 25, 2010

Things that make you go hmmmm..

Not like the song... Like hmmmmm... A happy, contented sound that you make when all is well in your world.. These are a few things that made me make that noise this month.. Or actually last month. Actually, it could have been anytime in between now, and November 2009. I kid, I kid.. Really all of this sweetness I enjoyed in the last 3 weeks..
Say this.. Hmmm....after you are done reading if you want.


First things first

Tatum made her very own dinner! Great huh!?

One plain Quesadilla, and one with melted cheese on it! 2 food groups right there!


On the night that "New Moon" came out on dvd, Steph heard from a very reputable source (Lacy Gadegaard Scherf!) that Edward and Jacob were going to be at a Wal Mart in SLC signing autographs! What the! I immediately cancelled my Friday night date with my handsome husband (good thing it was more like let him off the hook. It was the NCAA tourney)
and me and Steph put together a covert team.
Jennie, Me and Her
I headed to the store to buy some appropriate "team" t shirts.
For the record, I am a fan of both teams.
I wouldn't kick either one of them out.
Anyways, as we learned more information (by calling every Wal Mart around), we found out that they were going to be at the Riverton Wal Mart. We don't live in Riverton. No prob.
We know how to drive. So we did.
Inside of this Riverton Wal Mart, there were 2 billion teen aged girls. The line wrapped all throughout the whole store. It was something.
Normal people of our age and stature would be embarrassed to be there amongst the little girls, sporting t's with young boys on them.
Not us, we asked the news guy if he wanted a shot of us.
He would be an idiot to have declined, in my opinion. Of course! We were newsworthy gold.
He said yes. My pride got the best of me though, so just Steph was on the news.
Go Figure.
She told the news we had brought our kids. Liar.
Her mom saw.
Funny.
After that, we learned that it was just going to be 3 dorky kids from Forks High appearing...
Not Edward & Jacob.
Lame.
So we went to chilis and ate our weight in chips and queso instead...
Item number 3. And far more important than Twilight stalking..
My little sister Taylor Shay Mann made first team all state in basketball!
Go Taylor!!
She is such an awesome little girl! She is such a hard worker and as sweet as they come.
Really. I'm a little jaded about today's youth. But not Tay. She is one in one million, and I am so very proud of her.
All of the first team all staters were awarded trophy's during half time at the Jazz game. So cool! I also taught this little Taylor how to celebrity stalk, so she was able to cut D Will off at the pass on his way to the game, and get his autograph!
He is her absolute boyfriend. She loves him.

This one made me go hmmm.. more than any of the rest.
Tate had woken up before me one day, and when I went into her room, this is what she was doing.. reading.
Not watching TV or playing on the computer.
This makes me so happy!
Look at how cute and sweet her little tired eyes are.
She loves to read, and that makes me love her even a little more.
I'm always surprised that that can happen.
One of these days, I'm going to absolutely bust from Tatum love!
Item number 5
using our fridge water was making our little water spigot? spikkot? sp on spigot or spikkot.
Anyways that little spout thing next to our big faucet.. It makes that leak. It leaks so bad that it literally floods our kitchen... I'll bet there are tiny mushrooms and plants growing behind my stove. I don't want to look..
I don't even know when she did this, but Tatum posted this little sign on the fridge.
It is the very definition of cuteness..
See? Toldya.
And last, but certainly not least.. One of Ryan's good friends from college came from Canada and stayed with us for a few days. She is a super cool girl. There are not many of "Ryans good friends from college" that I would let come stay at our house. Mostly because they were not really good friends.
They were "good college GIRLfriends." Hot cheerleaders, or girls with really shiny hair.
They can't stay at my house.
Nancy can. Nancy is in like Flynn. She is always welcome.
Bonus: She works for Sephora. And she bought me a Kitchen Aid for our wedding.
And she always come bearing gifts. And she didn't disappoint this trip either.
Yay! Thanks Nance!! Come back again soon!
P.S. Nancy has shiny hair too. That's okay though.
So See? Good title for this blog huh? I had a stellar week this week.
Bye.








3 comments:

  1. Girls with shiny hair! Hahahaha. So good. I knew exactly what you were talking about. Little bonuses like the ones in this post are seriously the kinds of things that keep me going. It is definitely good to stop and acknowledge them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i thought we weren't going to tell anyone about our twilight stalking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part about this whole post is that Steph lied and said you had taken your kids to Twilight stalk. I love blaming all my embarrassing moments on the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive