Saturday, January 31, 2015

4/52

Ive been reading back through my blog, and I really do love the documentation that it holds.
Right now all 3 of my kids are so fun. and so funny.
It's not always that way.
Newborns are hard for me.
And girls ages 9-12.5 are hard for me. 
 Right now is gold for me.
I was just telling Tatum yesterday, how you really have to enjoy whatever stage of life you are in because they are all good! And you will miss them when they are gone.
She is so excited to go to college, and how fun that will be.
And it is fun.
College rocks. 
It was such a fun, carefree, time of life.
But really. Every time in life has it's own value.
There is always something to miss about time passed.
So, although I really feel that, that you should enjoy whatever phase in life you are in, 
I know I will never enjoy life the way I do right now.
These child raising years will be my favorite.
Living in a teeny bedroom apartment with Tatum was my favorite too.
I love my kids. I SO enjoy them. An ungodly amount.
And I know when they are gone, (like tomorrow!!) 
I look forward to growing old with Ryan, and not being exhausted and forgetful.
pssht. 
Who am I kidding. I will die forgetful. 
Traveling, keeping a clean house, visiting grand kids, driving a car that doesn't smell like a happy meal.
I look forward to those years.
But man.
I know I am going to miss these years something terrible.
I already have empty nest syndrome.
...With a 2 year old.
Certifiable. That's what I am. 
I am also sure that this. THIS!! is the best time of my life.

And I would really like myself a whole lot more if I was better at documenting it.

So.
Here's my week 4.
Out of the mouth of my babes. 

Tatum
says {hashtag} before her words. 
:/
Uses emojis in place of words. Her current favorite is the one with a doc mask over it's face. 
I think that means she is disgusted by most things on earth. 
Says LOL. Doesn't type it. Says it.
"Tatum. did you have a good day at school?"
"Lol. No."
:/
Makes up captions for every instance. 
"when your mom kills the beat"
"when your mom loves your little brother more than you"
"when your mom wears converse"
"when your mom buys you unfrosted pop tarts"
"when your mom tells you you have bad skin" 
"when your mom listens to one direction without you"
:/
But really, I love conversations with Tatum.
She's just starting to be old enough to really share with her.
To have big girl conversations, answer big girl questions, and have big girl emotions.
It's really fun and rewarding for me.
Having a strong willed, tough headed child can be so hard. 
And unbelievably rewarding!
She's going to be 13 next month.
Blows my freaking mind is what that does.

Jack
Every morning "Daddy, Are you going work today?"
"I'm trying my best"
"Chaos"- After everything he says
"No Ninny!  Quit stopping that!  Don't touch my special stuff!"
"Mommy. You just broke my heart."
"Jingle Bells {insert name here} smells (both kids say this)
"Hairrrryyy baby"
"Tell me about Disneyland mom"
"Gooooodddneessss Mmmmmeeeee" 


Sienna
" Ooh. I fall down mommy!"
"Ohh. It's scawwy scawwy!"
"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOO!"
"Hold you me"
"Siennas shirts wet" (first person always)
"Ring around the rosies mom"
"You're funny mom"
"I pick" (movies all day long!  She doesn't watch them.  Just wants to pick them out)
"Gooooodddnnneesssss Mmmmmmeeeee"
"Look. It's perfect Mommy." (everything is perfect)

These are just a few of the things I hear all day long from these two. 
I wish I could bottle them up. 
They are both at the sweetest stages.
The only word to describe each of them is precious.
Sometimes I hug them and just try to close my eyes real tight and do the best I can at creating a freezes frame of that moment in my head.
I know one day I am going to desperately want to draw that file from my head and dwell on it.

For the record.
Ive been trying to do that my whole mothering life, and it doesn't work. 
It's unfortunate.
And rude.


I'm level 10 in love with Taylor Swift.
I love every. single. song she has ever made.
But this one is my favorite times a million. 


Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that


Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up


You're in the car on the way to the movies
And you're mortified your mom's dropping you off
At 14, there's just so much you can't do
And you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots

But don't make her drop you off around the block
Remember that she's getting older, too
And don't lose the way that you dance around
In your PJs getting ready for school


Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

No one's ever burned you
Nothing's ever left you scarred
And even though you want to
Just try to never grow up


Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs

I just realized everything I have
Is someday gonna be gone

So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown up


Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
Could still be little
Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

Won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
And even though you want to
Please try to never grow up

Don't you ever grow up
(Never grow up)
Just never grow up







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive