Sunday, November 2, 2014

Nov. 1 - Little Hands

Little Hands I am grateful for..

It's funny that this is one of the topics because my babies hands are my favorites.
The first memory I have as a mother are seeing Tatum's hands when she was born.
They were long, and slender.. And her nail beds?!  They were incredible.  
 Straight out of a hand magazine.
What is a hand magazine?
They were straight from heaven is what they were.. 
Worthy of jealousy at just one second old. 
And I was certain she would be able to palm a basketball before she turned 3.
While I know now that that will NEVER happen, 
I still know her hands.
I know how she holds a pencil,  a spoon,  a mascara wand, and a blush brush.
I know that she uses her fingernail instead of her finger pad to maneuver her i phone.
I know that her nails are always painted, and usually chipped.
That she hates her cuticles touched, knuckles popped.
I know Tatum's hands.

Jack's little hands.
Ohhhh. 
My little JackJacks hands...
They have always been stalky and chunky..
Since his fine motor skills finally showed up, he has used them in a controlled, and concentrated manner.
They are as chubby and cute as little dirty boy hands can be. 
Which is the perfect combination when his favorite past time is face tickling.
He loves to draw the outline of my entire face, and the outline of Ryan's beard.
He would rather give you an affectionate cheek squish than a kiss. 
And his hands fit perfectly in the center of the cheeks of those he loves.
Fat and Firm.
He bites his nails, and his pointer finger knuckle when he's nervous.
His nails are below the quick of his fingers which makes them appear all the more stout.
And although I hate to admit his maneuvering of an iPad is as smooth, and quick as a grown man.
Although.. He uses his thumb a lot.  
Which is.. unique.
I love Jack's hands.

Sienna's little hands.
Sienna's hands are the brand newest pair of hand's that I have fallen in love with.
They are very similar to her sisters. 
Long, and slender.
They have very little interest in an iPad.
Thank goodness.
They are deliberate in their abilities, and as dainty as can be.
They are often painted (blue only)
and always clean.
"Dooty" hands are not okay with my little princess.
She loves to lotion and soap them, and does so with her fingers perfectly straight, and using only up and down motions.
Her fine motor skills are impeccable, and watching the concentration she has to pick a sticker out of a sticker book with no help is nothing short of impressive. 
She can pull an elastic out of her hair in record time, 
and when I close my eyes, I can perfectly picture how they tightly grasp her favorite pink sippy cup. 

I am so grateful for the little hands in my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive