Sunday, December 1, 2013

Taking my own advice


I always ask Tatum if she enjoys living everyone else's life.
During sleepovers, her and her friends spend a lot of time online.
On Instagram mostly.

It's crazy.
I often tease them, and ask them if they are having fun living everyone elses life.
"Hhheeyyy.  Looks like they are having fun.  Out. Doing something. Making up dances. Making videos. Taking pictures.
Are you guys having fun living all of those peoples lives?"
NOW GET OFF INSTAGRAM AND GO DO SOMETHING YOU FREAKS!

So.
That's what I am going to do too.
I spend more than I would like to admit to on IG and FB.
I wouldn't say I am the worst out there, but I am not the best.
And I especially spend a good amount of time researching Tatum's insta.
Making sure she is being kind.
Seeing the kinds of posts the people she follows post. 
Watching for "what not to do's"
and then just keeping up on the 6th grade gossip in general.
It's a thousand times more fun than my own Insta account.

But anyways.
Tatum is currently grounded from social media.
So it's a perfect time for me to step away also.
Last year, Christmas had it's own blessings and lessons.
I'm grateful for what I learned last year.
But It was a true bust as far as warm fuzzies go.

So this year, I have already mentioned, I'm really going to have fun with my precious family.
Live my life.
Not the life of others.
We are going to start some new traditions. Keep with some old ones.
Talk about Jesus. 
Read some books
Watch some movies
Drive around with hot chocolate and look at lights
Get shopping, wrapping, running, and obligations out of the way early so we can slow down and enjoy the down time that comes with the holiday.  If you create it anyways.
On my favorite Momastary blog, she talks about how Thanksgiving is really the beginning of Christmas.
And I really couldn't agree more.
It's the start of the anticipation, excitement, and that outstanding smell at the mall.
Christmas day is almost a bummer, because you know it's all over.
That the magic of the season is over for another year.
It's almost like by noon on Christmas day, you are so over it you could toss your tree out the window.
So, rather than wait for that day to come and live for that ONE day, I'm really going to focus on now.
This is the good stuff.
The next 23 days are the very best of the year.
And I'm going to live those 23 days, in just my life.
Nobody elses.
EEKKK!! 
I hope it doesnt suck!!!!! 
I LOVE instagram! 

:) 

Ill be here on my blog though.  
So check back!

Merry the 23 days before Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive