Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thankful - Nov. 2

A place I am thankful for:

Goll.
This is a hard one.
There are lots of places I am grateful for.
What readily comes to mind, is my mom's house.
But, I also get agitated there, because my kids don't sleep well.
I love sleep.
I like my sister Kasey's house because it's comfortable, and my kids love to play there.
But my kids don't sleep well there either.
My in laws house is always nice and relaxing too.
But again with the sleep thing.

I really like Barnes and Noble because the smell of books and Starbucks is basically unbeatable.
But. 
My kids are super wild there.
Not at all relaxing.
Target also.
Love Target. Pretty things, kids buckled into the cart.
But i spend too many bucks and that makes my big daddy mad.
So.
Not Target.
I love the mountains, and outdoors, but bears and fast moving rivers make me uneasy.
I love my bed so much, but I hate getting out of it.
Bittersweet.
I no longer fully enjoy vacations, anywhere, because I have constant anxiety about leaving my kids.
And anyone that said vacations with their kids was super relaxing is totally lying.
Kids are generally overwhelmed, under rested, and overstimulated on vacation.
Those are like, my least favorite verbs. 
So.
Just as I was about to feel sad about the fact that none of those places bring me complete joy, I remembered that this is just one specific place I am grateful for.  
And I got it.
The bathtub.
The bathtub is someplace that I am so grateful for.
It is hot, comfortable, consistent, and quiet. 
A hot bath and a good book can solve all of my life's problems.
Ill add a bath bomb to it if I am feeling particularly stinky, or hateful..
And so long as it's clean, I am not picky.
Big, small, oval, round.
Whatever.  
I love taking baths.

Hmm.
My internal dialog might make this November challenge a little harder than I thought.

My bathtub.
That's the answer to the question.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive