Friday, August 23, 2013

Some for the books.

Dear Kids,
Mom here.
Just thought I'd post a few pics of our life lately.
We have an alright time together you should know.
But if there is one thing I can promise, it is that these memories will fade fast.
I know that because I am your mom
You have my genes
And it's not unheard of for me to leave the house wearing either no shoes, or one shoe....
So.
As much as I hope that I don't pass my air headed, forgetfulness on to you,
it is becoming apparent in the oldest of you bunch (hi skater!) that it is inevitable.
So.
It's only nice of me to blog about our adventures so that I get credit for them later in life.
I would hate going through the effort of making memories for you when you don't actually remember them.
THAT would be shameful.
So.
Here you go.
Mommy loves you.
Smooches..

Life Lately
 We heart the crap out of Taylor Swift.
We have missed only one concert since she released her first album.
The first concert we attended, we ended up hanging out with her and her mom on her tour bus.
We are awesome.
This last concert, Tatum had heard about a look contest..
Don't threaten us with a good time.
I'm gonna have to say.
We have some dead ringers here. ..

So.
Ryan has yet to change his 2nd poopy Sienna diaper
(the first one was enough. girl parts. you know)
In my next life, I'm coming back as a dad.
They are way more fun.
And all 3 of my chickens said dada before mama.
It's crap is what it is.
 After bath cuteness.
Baths are seriously the bane of my existence. 
I hate em.
Have giving em.
Hate having em.
Hate cleaning em.
Hate em.
Love animal towels though.
 My Mir got engaged.
To a wonderful Ryan P.
It's a good name Ryan P.
If you are in the market for a husband.. Just do some fb searches for a Ryan P.
Should give you a fair amount of play with pretty good odds for happiness if you ask me.
 So.
One night Tate had a few friends sleep over.
We went out for ice cream and then went to pick up a red box.
The first 2 we went to didn't have the movie they wanted.
I had never heard of it, but it's all the rage apparently.
(I'm old)
The third red box finally had the one they wanted.
I can't think of what it was now, but when they came out with it, I checked the rating. 
It was R.
I sent them back in to return it, and get another one.
I reminded them to check the rating before renting it. 
No rated R.
So.
They came back out with a new movie.
"Hey mom.  We found one that looks really good. Its about pretty girls that are in high school.
and don't worry mom. It's not rated."
Mmmmmkaaay.
Well.
It was a good try.
Paying for 2 red boxes that we are not going to watch is enough for me.
They got to come home and watch the Disney channel.
 Selfie Sample #1
 So.
For some reason, we've never done much on the 24th of July.
It's just.
I don't know why.
We just don't.  Ryan doesn't get work off, and school starts for Tatum the next day.. 
So.  We just kind of lay low.

We had been in the house all day, so I figured we would get out and go do something fun.
We decided to go to a bounce house place. 
Siri led us on a wild goose chase trying to find the place, only to find it closed when we finally figured out where it was.
Okay. So.
Let's go downtown to City Creek.
Get some food. Play at the play court. Shop for accessories.
The downtown trek is annoying. But that's okay.
We were out for some adventure.
Upon arrival we went straight to the food court for some Mc Donalds for Jack and Red Iguana for Tatum and I.
I sent Tate over to get Jack's kids meal. 
Cheeseburger.
Ketchup Only.
I kept the babies in the stroller while we ate.
I didn't want Jack to see the play place on the other side of the wall, because then he wouldn't eat.
Duh.
Well, Sienna wasn't interested in her puffs and yogurt bites.
She wanted a kids meal.
Which was well within her reach on Jack's tray.
His french fries and apples were much more appealing.
Jack doesn't like when his things appeal to Sienna.
Not one bit.
So.
I'm trying to eat, while keeping Sienna away from Jacks stuff, and having meaningful convo with Tate.
Jack is leaning back in his stroller his cheeseburger when he starts to gag.
Hard.
"Tate.. Ketchup only right?!  You got ketchup only right?!"
Frantic nods.
Dummy McDonald's girl.
KETCHUP ONLY!!
Those crappy onions make me puke too!
And seriously.
Who's idea is it to put teeny tiny onions on a child's cheeseburger.
That is so dumb.
Anyways..
Puking isn't an uncommon occurrence in our house.
It takes very little to make Jack puke.
But.
We've been working on it.
"Breath in your nose and out of your mouth jack! In and out.. hhheeee hhhhooooo!. Do it Jack!"
He tried. 
Bless him. He tried.
But Sienna was still trying to grab his apples.
Which made him frantic.
So he lunged forward to try and rescue his apples.
And choked
And tried to maintain his breathing
And so then
 He projectile choke barfed lunged right in the middle of his heeee hooos.
I mentioned we were in the middle of an eatery right?
I bossed Tatum to go grab napkins.
So. Jack's puking, I'm trying to pull the sun visors down as far as I can, and catch throw up as discreetly as possible so that we don't ruin everyone else's holiday feast...
Speaking of feasts.
Sienna was certiantly enjoying her feast of barf covered fries and apples that she was finally able to get her hands on during the hysteria.
During his attempts to not puke, and then puking hard,  he irritated something in his ear, and it started oozing.  
He had been fighting an ear infection for a few days, and has ear tubes, so this lovely green goo oozes from his ear when it's draining the infection.
It's fantastic.
So that adds to our freak show.
And he starts screaming.
Hard.
And Jack is, honest to bob, the very loudest screaming boy that has ever blessed this world.
Again, I boss Tatum (because I am cleaning puke off of Jack's stroller and baby sister.) to show him the play place.
But.
His ear was hurting too bad I guess because even that didn't calm him down.
And because she kept trying to show him, and he kept not wanting to, and because he doesn't talk much
he used the resources that he had to work with.
His teeth.
Which we affectionately call "the can opener"
Which he has NEVER done.
But it was quite impressive really.
So.
Now I have 3 bawling kids.
1 because of ears
1 because she was missing some stomach skin
1 because she wanted more pukey apples.
So.
We went home.
Literally less than 10 minutes after we parked.

It was a good effort.
And I pat myself on the back now looking back at it.

 Selfie Sample #2

 Going to Costco is like, one of my favorite things.
Especially when Ryan comes.
Because then we to buy muffins and books 
instead of just diapers and tampons!
But anyways.
Now that these two sit in the cart next to each other.
I just can't get enough.
I take pictures the entire time.
And sing songs.
It's a real spectacle 
Plus also. 
I feel justified in taking 3 samples because there are clearly 3 of us of eating age.
See us?
Me, and my two sitting up babies right here in my cart?!
Nobody needs to know that Jack doesn't eat anything and that Sienna hasn't caught on to the fact that I sometimes don't share either.. 
And also.
Don't judge me.
We should own stock in Mc Ds
McDonald's gets us through some necessary life chores.
.........
But look. You can see how he feels about sharing his fries.
How both of then feel about Jack not sharing his fries actually.


 #3
 and 4.
 I liked this.
A photo that I could post that would lead you to believe that my babies love each other, play well, and bond..
You would be jealous of my life and wish that you could have them for your own.
(I mean, you should anyways.. but you should know the whole story..)
When really
 This is a much more accurate representation of them.
Jack threw her puppy out of the crib, and then ran away so as not to be put in time out for being a major bully.


 Mall Visit.
This time it wasn't so traumatic.
Fewf.
 Stair Master Sienna.


Don't worry.
Ive got good plans for some secret tracking apps, and my baby monitor cameras for this one.
She's a babe.
Not a baby.
Which.. When did that even happen?
 Back Yard Evenings.
 Ive been walking around the lake near our house in the evenings and have seen some of the most awesome sunsets.
I'm no hippie, but nature really does bring out a groovy side of my soul.
 Why do babies like clean laundry?
Don't they understand how hard it is for me to fold it anyways?
Without them being so cute and playful in it?
Okay baby.
You play.
Mommy will watch Real House Wives.

 Yes Sienna.
We know.
You are the cutest chicken around.
You can stop now.
 Even with your avocado mask on.
Still a win.
 My sister Taylor..
Tatum's bestie.
Love her.
 See me?
Walking some more?
 And more?
All of these lake pics are on different occasions.
So.
Why am I not getting skinny?
I don't get it?
Oooohhhh.
I see..
Oreos are not a meal?
Okay.
Noted.
Moving on.

 Afternoon at Daybreak Lake.
 My hunk of a husband.
Really.
I seriously still feel like he is my new boyfriend.
Tomorrow we celebrate 6 years of marriage and 8 years together.
It's really nice to not be pregnant and or nursing anymore.
That's kind of a bumpy road for our house.
I tend to get a little nutso.
Only the thing is, I don't know that until I look back on it.
Which creates some marital tension is the word.
And some pre teenagial tension too.
And some tension with basically everyone I encounter.
I am a mess of a pregnant chick.
It's not becoming.

 Silly JackJack
 Tate on my walk with me.
Such a sass.
 Sienna showing off her fine motor skills.
She is incredible.
I wonder if it was a subconscious moment that I snapped this photo of her eating a healthy little meal
rather than taking a photo of her eating tiny pieces of french fries?
I mean.
If both make her impressive and one makes me impressive
 Ill go with the latter. 

 These two.
They are enamored with each other.
Really really and truly.
 I
 Can't
 Stop.
 When Jack needs a little "alone time" to do some "private stuff"
This is where he goes.
100 percent of the time.



 Success.
 So.
Maybe I should start jogging?
Because apparently I have been walking quite a few times..
 Teefs.
 Again with the clean laundry.
This crap was folded.
Not okay.
 Sienna tuckered out from Mir's cray cray bachelorette party.
Luckily Sienna had a fake ID so we were able to really hoop it up.
Party animals.
 Beauts.
My favs

 My brother and sister in law got a boat.
Which really floats mine..
haha.
Im Witty.
 But for real.
Boating is the best form of joy that I know of.

 I know Jack agrees.
 Aaannndd..
I'm pretty sure Sienna does too.
Comfy eh?
(ear)

 Date with my baby boy.
I love this wild little boy.
Seriously though.
He is nuts.

 And soo big!
 And extremely handsome.
 And he looovvveeess outside!
He loves it!

 "AAAASSSIIIIDDDDDEEEEE!!!"
Tragic.

Love these precious little girls.
More than life itself.

So.
If you made it to the end.
Good job.
You get a sticker.

2 comments:

  1. I. love. this. Everything about it. I laughed out loud quite a few times. I love your family and everything about them. Thanks for blogging- it's so fun to read all of it and see the pictures :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! :D Awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive