Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The reasons domestic godessness escapes me

So this is why I don't like being a domestic goddess. 
Because I hate messes.
And I cannot be domestic without making a mess
So I don't even try.
Lets see what we have going on in the picture below.
 
Well first of all, I could have moved the Halloween center piece. 
I obviously didn't foresee how messy this was going to get.
*Chili on the stove
*Cookies cooling on the cooling rack
*Jiffy Cornbread waiting to be harvested
*Bendaroos to keep lil Tatum entertained
*A plate of cookies for the neighbor that lent me the vanilla, eggs, and butter to make the cooling cookies
*Lots of cups of water.  I was worried about becoming dehydrated under such extreme conditions
*My kitchen Aid (Darla) making her debut.  Ive had her since 07.
*My Ipad giving me recipes
Just typing this gave me an anxiety attack.  I hate messes. 
Please try to zoom in, and see my immaculately organized spice cupboard.
Ive had a lot of time on my hands.
 2 Items of interest here.
a. the nasty splatters of chili all over the stove
b.the fact that my chili was mostly made from a can, and I still pulled off a huge disaster.
Oh wait, I just noticed one other thing.  See that little plant next to my sink that is not fake?
It was given to me at church on Mothers Day.  It is really and truly THE ONLY plant I have EVER kept alive.  EVER!!
Ill bet he is so glad that I was to lazy to try and plant him.  The only thing is now, hes getting to big to stay standing up in his little black plastic holder.  I don't know what to do.  I'm very attached to him at this point.  The only problem is, that if I plant him, he will die.
The only reason he is alive is because he is between two very sunny windows, and when he is wilting I can see him, and only have to do a sssllliiiggghhhttt hand movement to get him some water. 
Poor guy.  I hope we can figure something out for him.

I wasn't planning on having 2 domestic failures in this post, but I guess it worked out.
 Mmmm.. Cookies.  Click here for the delicious recipe.  Actually for several yummy recipes.
A close up of the disaster.
One thing I didn't notice in the first picture.  Tums. 
That is funny to me.

  I made this meal for my friend Sara who just had a sweet little baby boy.
I was more than glad to do it for her.
Mostly because I want lots of people to do it for me when I have J.
I don't think that's selfish.  I think its Karma.

And let me tell you one more thing.  The problem with not blogging much is that things change often. 
What I mean by that is that Darla has been hanging out on my counter quite a bit lately.
I have been cooking dinner at least every other night.  AND I have learned to do it without such a blood bath
Are you proud of me?  I am.  Maybe I will even start being one of those gals that puts recipes on her blog.
Prolly not, but the sky is the limit for this girl.
I am practically a domestic goddess.

3 comments:

  1. I love you. And domestic goddess or not, I will still love you. And I wish that I had your skills for organizing spices in a cabinet. Mine are thrown all over the place. And for the plant, I can help you repot it into a larger pot that can still be next to its water source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Well done, April. I get stressed out even contemplating everything going on in you kitchen, in these photos. Domestic Goddess, indeed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh so hard! Good job on all the baking that is very impressive!! Baby steps!! Pretty soon we will be calling you Martha Stewart!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive