Sunday, September 9, 2012

And now for JackJack

I just couldn't go to bed without updating about the little man in this house.
Having a boy is so so different.
He is 100 percent different than Tatum.  
150 percent.
He is loud, busy, fast, crazy, busy, funny, bossy, busy, silly, handsome,  busy, jumpy, clumsy, fast, busy, climby, fast, busy, busy and mostly just busy.
A large part of those descriptions make him so much harder than Tatum was at his age, 
but somehow, he is still easier.
He is totally content to play alone. I never realized what a great attribute that is!
He plays in my room, or in my cupboards, or in the kitchen drawers, under the bathroom sinks, in the pantry, on the stairs, in the cereal boxes, in the toilet, with every ones shoes, with the cat, in the yard, down the street, on the porch, in the basement, in the oven, in the washer, and in the dryer.
Everywhere but in his room with his toys
So..
 Ya know.. Mostly easier. 
He really doesn't need much.
Just food every now and again, 
and someone to make sure he's not in any life threatening situations.
Which is often.
Baby type ADD makes it hard to distinguish between 
FUN and DANGER!
I mean.
Tell me that these little pictures don't perfectly encompass everything stated above.
Ohmigosh.  
He is so freaking cute.

Last time we talked Jack was a great eater.
Nope. Not so much.
In May he got hand/foot/mouth disease.
If your kids have never had it, be afraid.  Very afraid.
It was hellish.  
And.. He never really came back from it.
He barely eats anything now.
Seriously. 
He gags (super hard) over the SIGHT of lots of foods
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese?!
Anything cheese really..
Hello!  Who's kid is this?!

The good news is, what he does like is fairly healthy.
Eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, avocados, crackers, all fruit, most steamed veggies, and rice.
Plus, anything sweet.
His new favorite sweetie is pancakes.
He could shovel full pancakes into his mouth all day I think.

I'm hoping once he is old enough, I can use my favorite mothering skill and bribe him to try things. 
He WILL NOT try anything new.
I even tried a McDonalds chicken mcnugget once. nugget? mcnugget?
Anyways.
No dice.
It stresses me out to be honest.
The many faces of Jack in the car.
He has always been a nightmare in the car.
From the very first car ride home from the hospital.
He hates the car. 
First of all, you better make DANG SURE that the sun isn't in his eyes! 
It takes an arsenal of snacks, books, and ipad movies to run simple errands, let alone make a road trip.  
I can count on one hand how many times he has fallen asleep in the car.  
Including when he was an infant.
Hellish too.

Always into everything....
A day at the park with Daddy

Reading books
What do they say?
When you feel like crying take a picture?
I try to do that..
Straw mess? Fine!
Spilled lucky charms?  No problem!
Emptied cabinets? Sure!
Broken necklaces. It's okay!
Several other things that haven't been photographed? It's all good!

But, believe me when I say, that the bottom right hand picture made me cry.
Don't look to closely.
Seriously.
Just know, that when you are 9 weeks pregnant with severe hyperemesis 
You are gonna cry.
And throw away all of the bedding rather than clean it....
And thank your merciful Father in Heaven that his mouth was clean.

Moving on...
Left to right:
Messy brownie eating
Self portrait
Wearing my shoe
Walking his puppy
Pissed about wearing girl jammies..

This little Jack.
Let me tell you.
He is what I never knew I always wanted.

I love this wild little boy.

1 comment:

Blog Archive