Sunday, February 12, 2012

A week of firsts!

This week we had several firsts with our little 
JackJack

A FIRST HAIRCUT!!
Sad Sad Sad.
Sad Sad Sad.
Isn't it weird how a haircut turns a baby into a boy?
I wish someone would have told me.
I would have kept his skullet forever.
You can see how much he loved it.
(In this pic you can almost see his little white patch!)


Loved it.
Don't you agree?


When we got home, I put him in his highchair with some strawberries
so that I could try to get a straight on picture of his cut.
And.
He was really happy for a minute.

Until he had to do a 2.
And that is always stressful in this house.
Even daddy letting him play with the packaging from his brand new
"Dog the Bounty Hunter" t-shirt didn't help.
Usually packaging, or Dog helps any trauma in this house.
The 2nd first we had was 
JackJack getting into my make ups.
I was sitting right next to him and didn't realize that the eyeshadow that he was 
chewing on was open.  
Good thing it is non toxic.
I mean.
Probably.
He also ruined my blush brush.
Rude.
Our 3rd "first" was 
our FIRST TRUCK!
I mean HELLO!
Grandma Kay and Grandpa Steven bought him his first Vehicular Automobile!
I hope they will do the same for Tate coming up here in a few years.
I mean it's only fair.
This little truck is to die for.  
Right now there is a floorboard thing that keeps his feet up.. Wagon style.. Ya know?
But, you can take it out and ride it like a Flintstone car.  Ya know?
But when we took the board out to make it Flintstone style, he just drove backwards for a few feet, and then he fell out of the bottom.
Maybe in a few months.
 And then. And then. And then.
We had JackJacks very first ever
BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
Can you even imagine that?
His birthday isn't actually until February 15th.  FYI.
Where did time go?  A year?  A whole whirl wind of a year?!
This little boy.  He is where it is at.
No lie.
 Ryan insisted that I keep his party small.
I tried.  Mercy I tried.  But when I saw these Sesame Street cupcakes, I just died.
I couldn't resist decorating a little.
And no.  
I didn't make anything.  I never have.  I never will.
Sad for me huh?
  But just because I don't have any other talents to display on my blog, doesn't mean I shouldn't blog right?
Plus.  
My baby doesn't play with wooden toys.  I don't take pictures of my shoes.
And I don't take pictures of my hamburgers or pizza.
Even though I absolutely secretly wish I could/would.



Elmo Cake was a big hit with our JJ.
I never really let him have sweeties.  
So it took him no time at all to dig in
and take advantage as fast as his little snausage fingers would let him dig!
I just knew we were going to have red puke everywhere in no time at all.
I mean
Just look at these pictures.  Poor Elmos head.
After Jack's bath, we decided to dress him in his favorite new jammies and let him open his presents.

 Like I said, Ry wanted a small party
So we had a family only party.
No friends. No neighbors.
That was soooo hard for me!
Good thing our family delivered as a good time.
 After his food, party, and presents
we took his new G ride to the park.
It was a beautiful day!  60 degrees!  Jack got to play on the swings, and the slide, and crawl in the grass!  
He loved it!

I herby declare this day the best day of Jack's life.
 ....And maybe mine too....
I love you so much my tteeennyy baby boy!
Thanks for a crazy year!

5 comments:

  1. sad for the pipture taker! I love that jackjack!! and tatum kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! One year already! Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I can not believe he is 1 already! :-0 I am shocked time flies! He is so precious though and you guys can tell you had such a wonderfully awesome party!! :D Thanks for sharing the cupcakes my kids love them we almost don't want to eat them. :) And thank you for sharing the pics on here your family is so cute. Great job on the b-day party!! :D You guys rock! Happy, happy birthday Jack!! :D I hope he has wonderful b-day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, That is the cutest cake and cupcakes ever!!!! Oh how I wish I could have been there for his first B day party. Being family, I know I could have gotten into the exclusive Jack Jack 1st Birthday party. Maybe I should send Jack Jack an airplane ticket to Arizona to see his Auntie Taylor play BB in Arizona a week from today? Sending love to JJ and his adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest family April! I cant believe your baby is one already!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive